Old 01-31-2012, 10:56 AM
jljack

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Janice!!! Did you survive the weekend? I do hope all went well and you have recovered.

Haha!! Yes, yes I survived. The show was a great success...we had nearly 1500 people through the door, with 24 vendors, 196 quilts hung, a Bed Turning with mostly antique quilts, a demonstrations area, and of course my favorite, the antique & vintage sewing machines exhibit. That turned out to be a big hit!! I had two ladies come and offer me machines for free..I have to call them this week. They didn't know what the machines are...it's gonna be a great surprise!! Also got a 1940's cabinet with a 60's Singer in it...I'm taking the machine out and putting one of my old ladies in it. It's the cabinet with the curved drawers on the right side, and also came with the matching stool!! I got it for $60 (money goes to our guild, so I didn't haggle!), and my DH is excited about refinishing the cabinet. It was so fun, but Monday a.m. I woke up with aching muscles and very tired...I rested most of the day, and returned to work today. I'll post pics in a separate thread some time this week.