View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 04:32 PM
sandrakayw

Originally Posted by 117becca View Post
Wow - what an honor that he has made this quilt frame w/ you in mind. Does he ask for much? Even if this takes forever to quilt by hand, is that so bad? You are so lucky to have a husband that takes an interest in your hobby - so many men don't.

I am a hand quilter, and don't machine quilt. And the 2 are not the same. To him there may be something kismit like that his mother hand quilted and his wife quilts and can hand quilt.

Wouldn't it be an honor to finish this quilt that the 2 of you created in a way that was important to him?
You make some very good points. I think I'm liking the idea of offering to teach him to hand quilt and make it into a joint project....but the LAQ is still sort of calling my name. At 63, I think I'm getting a little lazy about some things. I spent so many years teaching and now I'm enjoying things that I just couldn't fit in before...quilting, reading, canasta, sailing. I tend to like to spend my time doing things I enjoy rather than something I feel pressured into doing. But doing the quilting together may be a good compromise. Now, I hope he doesn't try to get me into his woodworking activities.