Old 01-31-2012, 05:35 PM
Sewze

Default McCalls 3-Part Mystery Quilt

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
fab a, fab b & fab c or fab b(b3), fab c & fab d look great together but there is something about fabric d that seems not as complementary to fabric a. as i look at it again i think the prints of fab a & fab d may be competing with each other as they can both be focus fabrics. but you color groupings are great in terms of mediums and darks.

say if you choose fab a, fab b(b3), fab c, you may want to chose as your fab d something in a red (red-orange) or green tonal print or a multi-print that complements the shadings in your fab a because you have already picked up the brown and yellow. this is just as an example and i hope it makes sense. whichever fabric you choose as your focus fabric, you would want the other three to complement it and pick up the colors from it.
Thank you for your input...I kept having the feeling that there was something wrong with the Fab D. Thank you for pointing that out to me. I have revisited my stash and changed my fabric selections and in one case even the order. I had to go out and purchase a new fabric C, as you can see from the new pictures. I think this will work better. Jinnie
Attached Thumbnails img_0568.jpg