Old 01-31-2012, 07:41 PM
sylviak

I made my first quilt 38 years ago. It was for my 2 1/2 yr old daughter. She had a twin comforter that she dragged around, holding it to her face while she sucked her thumb. After multiple washes and lots of dragging, I finally realized it only had maybe one more wash left. Someone had given me some large bright polyester squares and some extra brown yardage in same fabric. I laid them out on the comforter and decided I could sew them together to make a top, then find a sheet for a back and put that comforter inside. I showed her what I was going to do, then proceeded to make my first quilt. She loved it! She is grown now with teenagers and a daughter who just turned 21. She still had the quilt when we were up there for Christmas, but the sheet was in tatters and the comforter had disintegrated. I told her I would bring it home and repair it. It was tied and the border is awful, but I'm going to make it pretty for her! Of course the poly is in great shape! Here it is, and I'm proud of it. The second picture is the back of the quilt.
Attached Thumbnails my-very-first-quilt-003.jpg   my-very-first-quilt-005.jpg