View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 11:51 AM
kitsykeel

Originally Posted by Shelbie View Post
I like flannel sheets, both on my bed and on the backs of my quilts. Lately, I've been finding it much more difficult to find tightly woven, good quality flannel sheets that don't shrink, pill or get really thin after a few washings. I was pretty positive that the quality has deteriorated and now I'm sure. I've been cleaning out closets and on the top shelf, I found a flannel sheet purchased from Sears probably twenty years ago which had never been used. It's thick, soft, has deep hems and best of all, Made in Canada! (Don't ask why it's been in the closet that long). It's absolutely perfect for the quilt top backing that I need to finish a quilt for my granddaughter. Now I wish there were a few more up there. Does anyone know a source for good quality flannel (sheets or yardage) at a reasonable cost?
Shelbie,
Agreed, flannel sheets make wonderful backings for quilts. Gives them that extra softness many of us like. I have had wonderful luck shopping for flannel sheets at many Goodwill stores, or other thrift shops. Hubby and I hit them all when we are out on the road. Have found some very nice thick, soft, and pretty flannels. Keep on looking. You may be as lucky as I have been.