View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Cool AZ quilter

I had an appliance repair at my house once. He got phone calls from Costco, Home Deport and others to pick up returned appliances. I would fix them if need be and sell them. Some had nothing wrong with them. This also went on at Linen's N Things. I returned a sofa cover and found out that it goes in the trash.

With so many people in this country going without because of finances why does this happen? We are a land of plenty, but I thought we were suppose to at least be stewards. To some extent I understand not restocking linens because lawsuits from diseases caught from things are probably far more expensive than throwing the item away.

I know my quilt guild could sure use the stuff Joann's throws away. We make charity quilts for people in the area i.e. nursing homes, women's shelters, birthright centers, adoption day gifts for adopted children.

Originally Posted by SUZAG
When I worked at Home Depot, instead of sending things back to a manufacturer, we would have to put it in the compactor. It was required by the manufacturer and the employees could not take it. It's call a "field destroy"...