View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 03:19 PM
KathyPhillips

I have the Sylvia's Wedding Sampler. I haven't started it yet, but the blocks are beautiful. I read almost all of Jennifer C.'s novels. I really like the first ones. Didn't realize the book and patterns were so popular around the world!! Jackie, your colors for the Sylvia's Wedding Sampler sound beautiful!! I guess we will have a new acronym, SWS!!

I plan to make a, "Not your Grandmother's Tumbling Blocks." It only uses triangles and is strip pieced. Pattern is from Marci Baker.

Originally Posted by Jackie Spencer View Post
I have been seeing alot about the book and patterns "Sylvia's Wedding Sampler" There are numerous web sites about it and lots of pictures of the quilts being made, several groups have been formed, sharing tips and some exchanging blocks. It is a world wide thing, with groups in France and Germany and many other countries. There are 140 patterns in the book. A few of my friends and myself have bought the book (Amazon) and are making it. The patterns are beautiful, Im making mine in pastels. Pinks, lav, soft greens, yellow, aqua and blue.