Old 02-02-2012, 04:02 PM
girliegirl

Default My Grandmother's Treadle Machine unearthed from the garage!

Here is another story of my Grammy's treadle. My Gram only had one sewing machine and that was a treadle. It sat in front of her window in her bedroom.. she would sew on that thing all day and night... She wouldn't use anything else. When the quilt tops were done, she would set up the stands in her room... and quilt til it was done. When my Gram past away in November of 1985 my Aunt told me to take the treadle after the funeral was done and everyone left the house... I stuffed her in my car and home I went, She sat in my parents basement and then when I moved out she followed me to the garage and sat there all these years. Just yesterday I took her out and she sits in my dinning room.. she needs TLC.... started to clean her up... But you know what? she still sews!! OMG! Here are pictures of what she looks like right now............. My family came from Germany and she is a "C" serial number and with my family from Prussia it makes the history of her even better. My Gram's name was Dorothy Winnefred Weigand and she was known as " Tootsie " from the Town of Weatherly Pa.... So let me introduce you to " Toots "...
Attached Thumbnails 100_1696.jpg   100_1699.jpg  

Last edited by girliegirl; 02-02-2012 at 04:06 PM. Reason: forgot word