Thread: Bread Machine?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 10:00 PM
PJisChaos

Oh my goodness! I would be so lost without my bread maker. Several years ago, my mom just had to have one for Christmas. So, dad got her one. It was a West Bend, and makes up to a 2lb loaf. She used it maybe 6 times in all the years she had it. (Guess she didn't really have to have it that bad, huh?)
Anyways, I finally talked her out of it last fall. Brought it home, cleaned it up and then.... sat it in the bottom cupboard for a little over a month. I was absolutely terrified to use it, what if I did something wrong and broke it, or what if it was so old it caught fire or something else totally ridiculous is all that kept running thru my mind each time I thought about using it. Finally decided, what have I got to lose by trying it. Afterall, the house is insured and enough people live here to help carry out the sewing machines. I used it, nothing bad happened, and the bread was incredible! I now use it several times a week, mainly for garlic bread and super buttery, flaky, cresent roll dough. I am now in the market for a bigger one, if they make 'em any bigger that is, and thinking about buying bread flour in bulk at Sams Club!