Old 02-04-2012, 06:35 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
As a gentleman would do, Hank the Tank that ugly colored Singer 328k that served me well was kind enough to give up his seat for pretty lady. Eunice, the Necchi Supernova Ultra, does look lovely sitting in that straight-leg treadle. I'm keeping Hank with honor. He will sit next to the Cowboy, National Two Spools, on my shelf, and the two of them can do as most men do-watch in admiration. Eunice treadles very nicely; and true to a Necchi, she is quiet and SWEET.

As a kid, I never got to use the decorative stitching cams on my mother's Necchi Supernova. So now, I'm looking forward to exploring this area of the machine and using the decorative stitches in my quilts.

As I have stated many times before, these vintage ladies and gents do have a way of finding their new steward.
This one sat patiently waiting for me.

The most interesting element in obtaining this machine is a feeling of completeness has enveloped me. And with that proclamation, I'm off to quilt.
Monica, I love the way you have described the switching of the machines! I have to admit I think that Necchi looks much better in the treadle than that 328 did! Yep, we are all figuring out which machines we really like and which ones we can set aside! I love my 319 in treadle, I doubt I ever switch that baby out for any other machine!

I am so glad you found your Necchi! Enjoy your quilting! I can't wait to see what you make with your new machine!

Nancy