Old 02-04-2012, 06:44 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
I am watching the discussion about finding a new home for machines with a lot of interest. I haven't been doing this long, but I am going to need to let some go too at some point. I wonder just what sort of luck people have had with CL. How else have y'all sold machines with good results? I've noticed that one of the local auction places seems to run high on price, but on the local (smaller) CL, they just sit there (priced a bit too high in my estimation). Sewing machines don't seem to last long at the local Goodwill either, so people do take them home.

Good luck finding new homes for your babies Charlee! I know which ones I'd keep out of mine if I were limited to a certain number, but thinking about having to let the others go is still sad.
I think the problem is Bennett, that most of us have not 'sold' machines! We just buy them! I have re-homed a few - to friends and to Hospice. I have not sold a machine yet. I will watch Craigslist, but I don't buy much from Craigslist. I love the hunt and the surprise of the yard sales, barn sales, estate sales, flea markets! My DH and I like to go hunting on a Saturday morning. We may not find anything but the hunt is so much fun - when we do find something it is just the icing on the cake.

Nancy