Old 02-04-2012, 08:54 AM
MargeD
Power Poster

What a beautiful treasure trove of fabric, especially all the precut squares. I would often bring my works in progress or finished projects to show the girsl at my dentist's office/doctor's office and would occasionally be asked to make quilts. Once a dental tech asked me to make a tote bag for her, but a large one as they were traveling to China to pick up their newly adopted daughter. I made a large tote from denim fabric (something tough for traveling), then put pockets outside and inside the tote and she loved it and so did her new daughter who uses it for sleep overs, etc., so it's well used. I was also asked to make Raggedy Ann dolls for the dental hygienist when each of her granddaughters were born, although she'd never seen any that I had made. Well, she loved them, I quoted a price I used to get for a set (it was many, many years before that I did craft fairs and made them), which she gladly paid and then asked for another one when her second DGD was born. The dolls and the girls are never separated, they go everywhere and she couldn't have been happier. What a great boost to my self-esteem. Now I need to make one for my DGD who will soon be 2 years old. Wish me luck that I get it done in time.