Old 02-04-2012, 10:59 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

I'm in Catch-up Mode ... Ladies and Gent!! ....

Template Discussion ... Interesting about the different sizes.
When printing ... be sure to check that you have "No Scaling" selected. I missed that a couple of times on my FWS. Luckily only made one block where I didn't catch it and then had to re-make.

Fabric Stretch Discussion ... One thing I've learned since joining the QB is the value of starching fabric, particularly when dealing with bias cuts or stretch potential. Before QB, I never used starch or sizing til the quilt was finished. Oh what a change it can make throughout the process! And bonus ... very little fraying when starched. I've started hoarding starch as it's getting very hard to find here in Canada ... and sizing is not sold any longer.

Honchey ... Perfect basket, straight as can be with those lines and with the handle matching right up. Flowers are so nicely blended with the background and the basket! And precision on all those seams for dear Betty!

OKSGlad ... good eye on the plaid Thermos! I always envied the others with the fancy thermos' and lunch pails. My Mom would never let us have them ... boring and plain were ours!

Termi ... Great fabrics for both blocks. I particularly like the freshness that shows with the basket fabrics.