View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 11:24 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

IAmCatOwned ... Thank you for the kind words about my quilts.
For the "scrappy back" ... I used only fabrics that were on the front of the quilt,
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...t-t172511.html
and none of the light ones on the back. So that probably helped them to blend together nicely.

I can't agree with you more IACO ... re the importance of coordinating the back to the front!! Otherwise, it just looks like a jumbled mess IMHO!

Plus, I like the back to be nice so you don't have to be ashamed of it if someone sees it. Especially for a lap quilt, that is apt to be left draped, people see both sides!

A bonus of the D9P back shown above ... I flip it over on my bad at Christmas and put my smaller Christmas quilt on top. I had planned it as a family room quilt, but then decided I didn't see much of it, as it was always folded in some way. This way it's out on display, I smile when I see it ... and if I want to use it in the family room, it's just a few steps away!

Susie-S-S ... Sorry for your disappointment ... as I mentioned in my earlier post, it's really important to trim and square at every step in order to keep it flat.