Old 02-04-2012, 12:12 PM
meanmom

The teacher doesn't yell at me in front of the kids, I mostly get dirty looks and occasional comments. I work with MD students and there is one who is very autistic and has multiple other disabilities. His mom is in the hospital with Lupus and has been mostly in since before Christmas. He doesn't understand what is going on. He has always come to me for support. He doesn't talk and sometimes hangs on me. He always has. He started it last year. Friday I walked in to gym class and he immediatly came to me and she hissed to get away from him.I was working with another student and he was with someone else. All I did was walk into the room. When they are sitting on the floor during group time I make a point of sitting on the other side of the room and he slowly inches towards me. I don't know what she expects me to do about it. I plan on trying to talk to her next week. The only day I have tome is Friday.I don't think involving the principal will do anything. I think she just doesn't like me and it is a personality conflict. Hopefully I will be in a different room next year and I will have a job. The school district is making a lot of cuts and I am low on the seniority list.
I have done my chocolate soothing and am finished with that. It usually just takes a little of that.I will calm my nerves a different way next week.