Thread: Please Help!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 03:24 AM
AUQuilter

What a wonderful group of quilters here and so many terrific suggestions! I would suggest clearing one room at a time so you stay on track and can see the progress. Get some (at least 6) boxes from your grocery store (with lids), mark Donate, Sell, Keep, and then start. My first round through room #1 would be to pull fabric that is to be donated either to charity or to a guild. Then if you want to sell some, either follow suggestions and method for selling here on the QB, a local quilting guild or on Craigslist. I would also consider taking up the offer of help from someone who lives near you and is a quilter, too. Once you have room #1 done, you can start fabric folding on the ruler or using the core boards to organize your stash. The only other suggestion that I have is this: All of my storage bins are clear so I can see the fabric. Maybe you can use the money from the sale to update your sewing room, too. And remember, this didn't happen overnight so set a goal of 2-4 weeks for each room. Good luck and please keep us posted.