View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 07:00 AM
Judi in Ohio

You know Jenel, you are a newbie and this is just one of many things you will teach yourself. The problem is in how much pull does it have? Is washing going to make it worse when it shrinks? Plus, even if you quilt it down, these problems make your quilt cup when quilted (according to how much tighter the outside seam is). One thing you can do is just make setting blocks for the corners. It really is all according to how bad you think it is. My first quilt was a log cabin - it was gorgeous, at least I thought so. I decided to machine embroider quilt it. Well machine embroider quilting is rather heavy and they go over the same design line many times. Many of my blocks were off register, but I still love this quilt. I have since machine embroidered my quilts in a quilt pattern and they've turned out well. I learned to look at the em design first and decide if it is light enough. It all comes with doing. Consider them design inspirations when you have to change a design because of a mistake - booboo-oops.