Old 02-05-2012, 07:26 AM
Krystyna
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by patdesign View Post
From your pix it looks like you have 2 color schemes going, a blue and a black. Hmmm? Nice blocks will be waiting to see the finished product. I did some QAYG blocks last year and the centers were quilted on the embroidery machine, then I used stitch and flip logs around them like a log cabin. It went together fast and gave me my machine embroidery on a larger block. The problem I have had with machine embroidery and pieced blocks is distortion, and then there is the stabilizer which has to be removed so the batting and backing eliminated that problem by finishing the logs around the block then hooping the entire block and embroidering the center, it gives you more latitude to center the design. Iam working on one now where I am embroidering the sashing strips between blocks, and there are a LOT of sashes!
When I get to that stage I think I will use the web stabilizer that you leave in. It's quite flexible and soft, but it does help a lot. I use it on my smaller quilts. My Brother PE-770 only does 5x7 but I have a mega hoop so I can reposition and cut down on the hooping by half. Some people on an embroidery list I belong to don't bother with the stabilizer and just use the sandwich. Of course, then there will be the angst over what quilting design to use! But FUN angst!