View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 07:36 AM
auntpiggylpn

Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
A very informative article. Thanks for sharing. FYI - I do like my Viking. Do some preliminary homework on warrenties. Even though my Viking now 18 years old never needed ANY work ( exception a periodic cleaning) , it was nice to know if something serious went wrong it was going to be covered.
It is my plan that I will only be buying from a dealer. I am not that interested in the free classes and such that comes with purchasing from a dealer. I just want a dealer that is pleasant and helpful no matter if the machine is a high end or low end. And I don't want to be treated like I am uneducated about what I am looking at buying. I had to take my Janome in for a repair (warrenty expired) which turned out to be one of the screws had come out of the bottom and the rattle sound I heard was the bottom plate and was looking at the 7700. They wanted $3000+ for it. When I questioned the cost, they decided that they could sell me one for $2500 without a table, extension table and other accessories that would come with the machine at another dealer for the same price. And were unwilling to take my machine in as a trade even though they had just serviced it and know that this machine is in excellent condition. DONE DONE DONE with them!!!

Last edited by auntpiggylpn; 02-05-2012 at 07:41 AM.