View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 08:03 AM
annthreecats

Cool My first lap quilt top

I decided to make a lap quilt to give away at my family reunion this summer. The attendees include my DD and her husband, my two brothers and their wives (maybe their children), and our first cousins on my father's side. I had a special label embroidered for the back of the quilt that stated it was made in honor of our grandmother, our last names, the date, and that it was made with love by me. I wanted to make something gender neutral because everyone is married but me and another cousin so I picked out 11 different fabrics and made HSTs. I started cutting last Friday night and finished putting the top together this morning. I still have to get backing and binding material. I have batting that I bought when I bought the fabrics. I should be able to sandwich next weekend and start quilting. This quilt top is about 40" x 70" (we have a 3 tall men in the family). This will be a fun drawing but I did tell everyone that you can only win if you attend. I pieced this on my Singer 301A that I named for my grandmother. Thanks for looking.
Attached Thumbnails quilt-give-away-reunion-001.jpg