View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 08:55 AM
mpspeedy

That article was fantastic and very long. It made me feel good because I am a Bernina owner and promoter. I fell in love with them when I worked for about a year in a Bernina Dealer's shop that made their daily bread by doing custom dressmaking and alterations. After working daily on a Bernina I just had to have one or 4. The only other brand machines I own are a Brother embroidery machine in addition to my Bernina embroidery machine. Actually the Bernina one was made with a Brother patent. Since I have almost worn out my Bernina Embroidery machine the only other machine I could get that would use the same software etc. was a brother. I also have a Singer Featherweight as my mother had one and she taught me to sew. I purchased the one I presently have at a yard sale. It was obvious that the persons doing the selling didn't have a clue what they were getting rid of. I only paid $20. There had been a death in the family and some of the relatives were cleaning out the house. After turning over the money I ran to my car with my prize. I gave my mother's featherweight, purchased in 1936, to my neices as she had taught them to sew on it. It was well used and well past it's prime.