View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 11:53 AM
Charlee

Originally Posted by Grannyh67 View Post
The motor did run, smoke came out of it so I stopped. The motor pulley is hard ans flat on one side. I know it had set up in a garage for a long time. Everything moved freely when I started it up them smoke came out, lol. I am going to try to take the motor apart and see if I can do anything with it. If I can't do anything with it I am going to take it to a shop somewhere and get it fixed. It looks like a hard working machine. There is one other person on here that has one just like this one. I seen the photo in the albums. Thanks for your help, I am going to look at the tutorial and see if I can learn anything, Granny
I missed this the first go around... when I brought my Kenmore home, the motor smoked and I stopped immediately, and called Guy Baker to get a replacement motor. This is why I love Guy Baker...he told me to run the machine and "let `er smoke...it's NOT going to catch on fire, it'll just stop if the motor's no good." , and he refused to sell me a motor until I'd done just that...after just a minute or two, the oil/dust/whatever that was smoking was gone and that motor has run like a top since then....
So...run your machine....I'm betting that it stops smoking quickly and that you have one devil of a workhorse!