Old 08-22-2009, 11:36 AM
Butterflyspain

Originally Posted by janRN
Elle: what beautiful blocks, esp the Mariner's Compass. IMHO and believe me very humble, I would leave a white space around the MC block and put a narrow blue border around that now larger block. I would then add the other blocks all around without borders or sashing between them--a mediallion style. Does this make sense? This would emphasize the MC block and leave room for decorative quilting. What ever you choose please post a picture--I'm in love with those blocks in those colors. Thanks for sharing your WIP and good luck.
JanRN, what lovely words you said. these blocks were in a swap I did with other ladies on this board, so they have to take the credit for the blocks. I did the mariners compass and one block.
I love the idea you have said about the narrow blue border around the compass, but I am going to take Melissa´s suggestion and turn it on point.
Then keep it on a white background. Then I will place all of that into a square, then the other stars will go all around it. Hope that makes sense, I knew all of you would come up trumps for me a BIG THANK YOU.

Elle