View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 02:50 PM
Eddy Mack

RE: Husqvarna Mega Quilter... It IS made by Janome, and Janome also offers it's version of the Mega Quilter... THEY are identical, except for color. Price each before buying! I have owned the Mega Quilter for 6 years now and I love it! I use it for piecing, quilting on a frame, and even making clothes, although I do have to switch over to my Janome for button holes, etc. I worked for a fabric store for 6 years and can tell you that Janome/Husqvarna/Viking makes for the best investment. Singer is not what it used to be. Several customers I talked with over the years that had the 'high-end' brands of machines, would say how they loved them, then say, "Can't wait until it's out of the repair shop!" I have made over 20 quilts on the Mega Quilter... both piecing and quilting... AND, not as much as a broken needle! Clean and oil it regularly, replace the needle after a couple of quilts and it WILL treat you good!
I'm a new member and wish all of you the Best of luck. I also taught quilting for several years. If I can help with any questions or problems, let me know.
EddyMack E-Mail me at <[email protected]> Be sure to put subject as "Quilt"