View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 03:14 PM
sewbeadit

Several years ago I bought a tol Elna Serger and 2400.00 machine a few months after we were at the babylock dealer and had been looking at the air thread sergers. I asked what the trade in would be on my new Elna and she said 600.00. I suspect they don't want to buy it because they don't want to insult you for what they would give you for it. I am pretty sure that is why you see so many machines for sale used on groups, because the dealers don't really want many of them. Just my thoughts. I did not sell my Elna serger and I am so glad I did not air threading or not.

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
I am in the process of researching a new machine. I have always been a die hard Janome fan but after ANOTHER unpleasant interaction with my local Janome dealer, I am opening myself up to the idea of going with another brand. I only say this as the next closest Janome dealer is over 2 hours away and the area that we are eventually going to move to out of state it will also be over 2 hours. I know that I will be taking test drives of any machine that I am interested in; too much money at stake to go in blind!

I found this article and I was suprised by some of the information. I know that others may be ahead of me in the game of "who owns what" but I found the article informative. It is dated 2/2008 so there might be newer information. I found it amusing that this gal sent her husband on a fact finding mission and he jumped in with both feet.

http://www.evidently.org/2007/02/too-much-information/