View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Fabriclovr

Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
Susan, I am now on Clue #5, the Assembly. The original instructions said to make 6 block number 2s. Your labeled items says 2. When I look at the layout diagram I see 6 Block 2s. Also I cannot find the original cutting instructions for the 6 1/2" and 12 1/2 inch squares for the triangles. Did I miss something?
I think you missed something. There are 6 side triangles cut out of background fabric. To get those the directions say:
Cut 1 Strip 12 ½ x WOF
Sub cut 2 – 12 ½ x 12 ½ squares
Sub cut these in half on the diagonal both ways. This will give you 8 total triangles, we will be using 6 These are for the side triangles. I think the sub cut is the step you may have missed. the next step was to cut 2 6 1/2 squares from the remaining fabric and then cut them on the diagonal. That will give you 4 smaller triangles for the corners

You do need to make 6 block #2 and I see where your confusion is. You are supposed to label each set of blocks, no matter how many you make of that block, with the block number. So block #1 will have a label on each that say "block 1" Block #2 will have a label on all 6 that say Block 2 and so on.

Does that make since?