Old 02-05-2012, 09:35 PM
irishrose

meanmom, your recipes sound good. It's quiet here. Everyone must be at Super bowl parties. I ending up staying home to bug my allergies. This flannel quilt wasn't washed before it was made (I tried, but they wanted to get it started) and it's very linty. My eyes and nose aren't happy. The rail fence blocks are going fast, but the Friendship Star ones are taking longer. I may try one of my other machines with a vertical bobbin - not now, of course, to see how it will FMQ. The 301 does a fantastic job, but the bobbin doesn't hold a lot of and small stippling uses it up quickly. The Necchi is in a cabinet which I like, but it's not slant needle. I think the slant needle helps a little with visibility. Decisions, decisions. I managed to sew some the packing tape I use to hold my slider in place to back of the quilt. That was fun to get out without pulling out any of the silky rayon stitches.

My weight was still down again this morning. I guess I need to count sugar grams for a while longer. I clicked on the advertisement that shows up across the screen occasionally about 5 foods you should never eat - guess what was #1 - sugar and that includes all artificial sweeteners, too. You'll never separate me from my chocolate, but I can certainly consume less. It wasn't a bad video though it ended with a sales pitch.

Off to feed my furgirls and get back to my quilt. Not all dogs are the same - I'm sure non dog owners think a dog is a dog is a dog, but I find them very breed specific. Lily is a Siberian mix and Moira is a Border Collie/Lab. They eat in their crates and last night the doors were closed when we arrived in the front entry. Moira reached up and pulled her door open. Lily stood and yodeled at hers. The talker thought she could talk it open.

I am losing weight and becoming healthier. Goodnight, all.