Old 02-06-2012, 05:28 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
I knew that apple core top was going to go out of my price range, so I took lots of pictures! It was a little wonky on the piecing (by hand), but it had pristine fabrics that looked to be from the early 40s to the 50s or maybe 60s. I was talking to the daughter, and she said it was her grandmother who had been the quilter. Her mother was into different types of crafts, so that might explain the tops that were put away and not finished.
Bennett, I had to laugh at this! Don't all quilters have tops that are put away and not finished! Geeze, I do! Actually, I only have two tops that are not quilted; and I got the backs for them yesterday! I am determined to have all my quilt tops finished so when I go, there won't be unfinished things sitting around! I have a friend who has over 30 tops that all need to be finished! Of course I know that some people can't do the quilting, or think they can't, or they can't afford to pay to have the tops quilted! Anyway, I think it is just a thing with us quilters/crafters to have unfinished projects - we sometimes just get tired of what we were doing! It will be really something if I don't live unfinished projects - yeah in my dreams!

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 02-06-2012 at 05:31 AM.