Old 02-06-2012, 08:07 AM
JoAnnGC

I've been living in a miserable sick bed for the past several days so I haven't had a clear enough head until today to share this pic of the amazing quilt I received from 1234Irene in Oklahoma. Wow! I can't even begin to tell you how amazing all the little details are in her machine embroidery, even right down to every shingle on the roof of the house and each grain of wheat, not to mention the quilts hanging on the clothes line. I hope you can all zoom in on the pic to appreciate every bit of it. Irene's depiction of Tornado Alley in OK is a familiar sight to all of us in north Georgia too and a reminder that tornado season is just around the corner. Our states also share a common thread with our native American heritage. My Georgia DQ that I'll soon be sending to her (so sorry I'm late on it) will be featuring our state flower the Cherokee Rose which is said to have sprung up along the Trail of Tears connecting our two states and created by the forced relocation of thousands of members of the original Indian nations that occupied what is now the southeastern United States. She also included the oilfiends of Oklahoma. Our country is so blessed with natural resources! Irene really portrayed her state so well. I am so impressed! I hope you all enjoy it too!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]309412[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails oklahoma-doll-quilt-1234irene.jpg