Thread: Bread Machine?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 08:22 AM
TanyaL

Originally Posted by BettyM
I have a zojurishi (sp?) that we bought several years ago. I use it nearly every other day and bake all the bread that we use. It can be programmed for different recipes, and it does really well for the recipe that I use. I mill my own flour, so I programmed the machine for this heavier flour. The machine is a workhorse and I would definitely buy this brand again. It makes a horizontal loaf that gives you sandwich size slices - they'll fit in the sandwich bags! When we got it I thought I would bake occasionally so we could have fresh homemade bread. But we don't buy any bread at all. Our 2 sons that were still at home at the time don't want any other bread!
I have two bread machines but this is my favorite. You can do anything with it! you are able to custom set the timing for everything! How long each cycle is, how many times it kneads, how many times it rises, how long it bakes, etc. It has a pre-heat cycle so that if your liquid is not at the correct temp when you add it, it will heat it before it starts mixing. It is ithe ONLY machine that will make gluten free bread, if that is a consideration for you.
It is pricey, but you get the quality that you pay for. I bought mine from Amazon. I would never buy or recommend a different brand because of the versitility and dependability of this one!! A 5 star rating for sure!