View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 10:28 AM
QuilterMomma

Well, for February, I finally quilted and got binding on a mystery quilt that needed done. I did not get photos of it yet, will work on that. Also, I finished my chicken swap quilt, fully quilted, binding on and sewn down, with the buttons on eyes and so forth. It is 100% done. Husband said that for a chicken quilt, he thought was pretty quilt, and he does not like chickens. Made me feel good. I finished the Valentine top, quilted, finishing binding today. It is ready. A day late and dollar short, but done. I took out the wilderness blocks and they are on the wall. Told husband is his quilt, arrange them and I will ge them sewn down. I pulled all the fabric out of the stash and scraps. Will put borders on and get ready. I also loaded another orphan top. It is an applique one. If you have one of those in your UFO pile, get it done. Rhonda is having a contest for applique quilts. Would be worth it to finish. It may take a while to quilt, but good practice for me. I know what I want to do on it, just a lot of starts and stops.

Great round bargello. It will be nice to see it finished. On a program from Carol Doak, on smaller blocks, she has you take and fold the circle into fourths, half then half, take that measurement on the curved edge, use the outside measurements, cut you corner fabric out and set it. Now I know yours is much larger, but would not hurt to practice with a piece of muslin or somehting yucky or paper for that matter to get the right dimention and then use that as a template for your good fabric and see if that does not work to square up.

Lovely window string quilt. Congratulations on GETTING R DONE!!!!!