Old 02-06-2012, 02:42 PM
miss_ticky2

Default Oh My Gosh..Ants! You wouldn't guess where!

Hi..this sounds gross!.

Two or three mornings ago we woke to find a few small clusters of little black ants on our walls and ceilings. I sprayed them and got rid of them and thought it was because of all the rain we'd been having, that they were looking for a new, drier home. Yesterday I saw some more little clusters on the outside of our bedroom window and on the eaves. I sprayed those and all the ants I could see running around outside. Again, thinking it was because of all the rain. Little did I know they'd already found a new home!

I was getting ready for bed last night and went to straighten the sheets and as I pulled part of the sheet out from under the mattress there were ants on it! I peeked under and saw ants. I called hubby and we lifted the mattress right off the bed and I couldn't believe my eyes. The underneath side of our mattress and the slats of our bed were literally crawling with hundreds upon hundreds of little black ants!! We'd been sleeping on a nest of ants the last couple of nights at least!!! Ugh!! They even had their little white egg things (at least I think that's what they are) and they looked like they had settled in for good! I've never seen anything like it before. And, apart from those few clusters and the odd ant, we didn't see them come in...we never saw a trail of ants heading to our bed or anything like that so I don't know when they sneaked in. But sneak in they did.

We spent the next couple of hours spraying and vacuuming to get rid of them all before we could go to bed last night. Mind you, I don't think either of us slept too well as I think we were both imagining ants crawling all over us....lol. There weren't (at least I don't think so...lol) but you know what the imagination is like. I still find it hard to believe we had a nest of ants under our mattress!! I thought I'd have nightmares last night...lol.

Luckily we had nearly a full can of spray (Mortein surface spray - it's great, stops them in their tracks) but that's empty now and I'm off to the shop this morning to get a couple more cans to spray a barrier around the room and around the legs of the bed. There's a couple of stray ants still wandering around on the walls, probably wondering where their new home has gone. They'll be gone too as soon as I get some more ammunition...lol.

I know from now on I'm going to be paranoid if I see an ant crawling on the wall in our bedroom...lol. I better check the spare beds as well...lol. And luckily they were those little ants and not something bigger. Ugh...I shudder to think!