Thread: Quilt shops
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 07:11 PM
DogHouseMom

Another vote from me for the Fabric Center in Morris IL - my "usual" LQS. It's about 2 miles south of I80
From I80 take Rt 47 South (I think it's Exit #112). Continue south over the RR bridge to North St (there is a stop light at North St). Make a right turn on North, go 2 blocks to Liberty St. Make a left on Liberty. This is the Morris "town" shopping. Continue south on Liberty 3 blocks and the Fabric Center is on the corner of Liberty & Main.
The Fabric Center is a Janome dealer, and they have a very large selection of fabric. Lots of batiks. Awesome staff!!
They don't have a website but the address is 301 Liberty St, Morris IL and the phone is 815-942-5715

Another great place that I only visited once is Old Times Quilters Heaven in Princeton IL, but I'm itching to get back there again. It is also about 2 miles south of I80 in another "town" shopping area (remember when people went to 'town' to shop as opposed to a mall??). This shop also has a LOT of fabric (more than the Morris shop) and is set up in different "rooms". They have a ton of homespuns as well (in one of the back rooms), but NO batiks. Here is their website site - which doesn't have much info on it other than the address and phone. http://www.oldtimes-quiltersheaven.com/

Just down the street (walking distance) from Old Times is Quilters Garden. It's a small shop, but they also have some very nice yarn in the loft upstairs.