Old 02-06-2012, 07:16 PM
CindyA

Originally Posted by jillaine View Post
ha hahahahhahhahhahha ha ha
Easy block? har har har
While you were writing this perfectly reasonable advice, I was facing A-9 - "Cabin Fever". This block is what got me to finally break down and learn PP because there was no way in H-E-double-L that I was going to do that by normal piecing.

So I went looking on YouTube and really liked this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uaW26igygE

I particularly like that she figured it out herself.

but did I start with an easy block? of course not!

While doing the middle section of A-9, I kept saying to myself (outloud, of course): WHY HAVEN'T I DONE THIS EARLIER??? OMGoodness!! So if anyone has been putting off learning how to do paper piecing, put it off no longer.
The only thing is that while the center section of A-9 was pretty easy, I followed "thatquilt.blogspot.com" on how to put the larger pieces together, and I had a heck of a time doing the "borders". I ended up NOT being able to paper piece them.

But I'm pretty pleased with the results. Look below.

Oh, and I did use freezer paper. But pulling the paper off was still a pain. I need to review "thatquilt's" paper piecing link (again), especially now that I know how to do general PP.

Thanks for your encouragement!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]309530[/ATTACH]
Jillaine, are you sewing freezer paper into the seam? I find that a pain to pull out, also. Have you tried Carol Doak's paper. It's nice to sew on and it pulls out very easily. I had to order it online, couldn't find it at Joanne's or the lqs.