Old 02-07-2012, 12:04 AM
irishrose

Pam, that's perfect. So what do you do with eggplant? My daughter brought me three tonight. I hated it as a child and haven't had it since. I used to fry for my husband but I don't eat fried foods. Any ideas?? Cooked in spaghetti sauce with parmesan cheese maybe?

AtHomeSewing, it's a hard concept to wrap your mind around, but when you deprive your body of enough food, it goes into startvation mode and starts protecting your fat reserves in as little as 24 hours. That's why it's important to eat just enough - no less than 1200 calories and probably more, then have a feast day periodically. Every five days seems to be about right for me. I'm betting that's why WW has adopted the extra points to be used once a week.
As far as calories go, you might want to try no less than 10 for each pound of desired goal weight. I want to weigh 140, so it's 1400 calories for me. When I was at 1200, I didn't lose weight. Goofy, isn't it? I like 40% good carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat when I'm paying attention. Our bodies need fat, but they need the right kind in the right form - french fries don't count.

Still FMQ. I have no idea where I'm at. It's hard to tell when it's on the machine. I hope about halfway. I have an eye doctor app't tomorrow. I absolutely hate the " Is this lens better than this one?", etc, part. At some point, they all start looking alike. Then comes the joy of choosing new frames. If I can't make a choice tomorrow, I can always go back. It's my oldest daughter who does the fitting so I can bug her. Maybe she and the doctor have a pair picked out for me. They did six years ago and I like them. The ones I chose from 2 years ago, I don't like. No more plastic for me.

Good night, all.