View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 06:03 AM
ranger

Originally Posted by VickiM View Post
Well, January came & went & I got no UFO's done...so I decided to jump right in & get things going this month. I have several quilt tops that just need quilting & binding. I have to be in the mood to do the quilting, so when I get into that mood, I lay sheets all over the room to get ready for the spray baste (it still gets everywhere) & it will stay like this for a week or two till I get the tops all ready for the quilting process. So yesterday I got 2 quilt tops ready & today I quilted & bound them. So January & February UFO's are taken care of! (Happy dance...) Actually, killed 3 birds with 1 stone on this one...the finished quilts for this challenge, a scrappy quilt for the scrappy challenge on the board, & the UFO challenge for the quilt guild I'm in. Anyway, here are the 2 totally finished quilts. I did the tops while visiting my daughter in N.C. for 3 weeks in May '11. I made about a half dozen tops during that time as I sew while she's at work. The scrappy one is the leader/ender scrap quilt (& stash). The daisy one was a spur of the moment buy...saw the blue, yellow, & pink daisy fabric (I think it was at her Hancocks fabrics), so found a couple other fabrics to go with it, shopped in her quiltbooks to find a pattern I liked (forget what it's called and by who), and made the top. Finishing, I shopped my stash. So, my UFO's will begin by getting all those finished.
I like the fabrics in your quilts, especially that daisy one..
You really got busy! Congrats on the finishes.

I have several tops done and, like you, I have to be in the mood for quilting. It's my least favorite part of the process and I have to push myself to do it.
This thread on UFOs helps keep me motivated.