Old 02-07-2012, 06:14 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by pinkberrykay View Post
My favorite LQS had an Amish man and 2 women come into the shop last week. They wanted the shop owner to buy their quilts for $500.00 and then she would sell them and keep what ever she was able to sell them over the $500.00. She politely told them "no", that she does not have that kind of traffic come through her door. Mind you, she has her own quilts displayed in the store for sale and had a hard time selling those. The 2 women with him quietly stood by him not talking, looking around at all the fabric.

Has anyone else heard of this. I find it odd that someone would come into a quilt shop to sell the shop owner quilts when she has her own to sell.
PinkBerryKay ... But is that really any different than ... a fabric rep coming in and saying, I'll sell you fabric at $x per metre... and you can sell it for whatever you want?

ITA with Ro, that some shops do sell quilts ... so what's the harm in asking? He knew his price he needed, and it goes from there.

PTQuilts ... whether Amish or ??? doesn't really matter ... they are in the same economy as the rest of us, and need to keep stretching out and marketing their products.