View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 08:07 AM
fayza

Default I'm so excited about Quilts For Kids

I'm sure many of you already know about Quilts for Kids, but I just recently discovered them. It is such an amazing way to donate quilts I'm super excited, I've been looking for a cause worthy charity to donate quilts to and I believe Quilts for Kids will be a perfect fit, as I LOVE children and have three of my own. Thank God, my children have been healthy for the most part, but there are so many that are not, and my heart breaks for these parents. You never know when it could be your own baby laying there fighting for their lives. There's no promise of tomorrow. Several quilters in my community are going to be making 12" kid themed quilt blocks for me to sew together along with the quilts I finish. An elder lady just called me yesterday to donate kid themed fabric. She said she purchased it when her grandkids were smaller to make pjs with (her youngest is now 16) LOL I'm glad she saved it, because now it will be used by another child in the form of a quilt It's heart warming to see people get involved. I have set a goal of 30 quilts by May 1. I wanted to share the excitment with my friends on the QB to keep me motivated. I will be posting pictures, and keeping everybody updated.