Thread: My Quilt Story
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 09:09 AM
almond

Default My Quilt Story

Look at what a friend did for me! She framed one of my mini's that I did back in 2009 for an American Patchwork challenge in All people quilt. The challenge was to make a small quilt (less then 9" x 12") and a story saying why I like to quilt. Here was my entry:
My Quilt Story
I started quilting in the mid 1990's after we had purchased a new home and wanted it decorated nice. My sister helped me pick out wall paper and paint and said our bedroom needed a quilt, so she helped me make a double Irish chain in fabrics that matched our bedroom.

My love for quilting began. Before long I converted a spare bedroom into a sewing room. I couldn't get enough!!! In the past 15 years I have gone from simple piecing to more difficult projects. I have made 220 quilts & quilt projects.

My passion is for minature quilts, so this project was just what I am looking for. I started by paper piecing the background in the diamond shape and then added minatures to the points to represent a few of the things I enjoy about quilting:

House: Represent my house that I love to decorate with sewing & quilting projects.
Sewing Machine: My collection of old & new sewing machines.
Hearts: The many friends that I have made since I started quilting.
Jar of buttons: Embellishment used on my quilts.
Quilt block: My love for miniatures.
Over Sam & Sunbonnet Sue: The fun times I have making quilts and teaching my Grandchildren how to quilt.

Pin Cushion: For all the neat supplies I have learned to use.

Here is my story quilt:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]309674[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]309675[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails p2070385.jpg   p2070384.jpg