Old 02-07-2012, 10:48 AM
vjjo743

It just amazes me how "dumb like a fox" people are, everyone know labor is the most expenisve part of any custom job. Parts and labor, have any of these people heard of that? I just think people want something for nothing. I just can't believe people can really take a handcrafted item and not even offer to do something in return even if they can't afford to pay. It baffles the mind. By the way I did the same thing I made a quilt as a gift, my first one. I embroidered the moneky designs (at least 40 hours of machine embroidery) and sent it to her. Of course she was delighted and asked how much would you charge? I said at least $300. and I could hear her gasp on the phone. Now mind you this lady doesn't think anything of wasting hundreds of dollars at the slot machines or eating every meal out. Since then I feel the same way you'all feel, the quilt has to be for a special person and they need to know the worth of the gift. Isn't there an old saying, Give away your time and people think it is worthless, (something like that). I am now doing quilts etc. for my enjoyment.