Old 02-07-2012, 11:09 AM
Jim's Gem

I have no clue how many calories I am consuming. The nutritionist did not have us try to count calories or carbohydrates. I really need to get a scale and see how I am doing. I need to lose about 100 lbs total. I am looking forward to being able to exercise again!!!
I have never tried canned black eyed Peas Jeanne. I think I have had them from Trader Joes in a refrigerated pack. I always just cook up my own. This way it is cheaper and I know what is in them. I buy a 1lb package of dried beans and soak them overnight. Then I cook them up with a smoked ham hock, a whole bulb of garlic, minced and a whole onion, minced. I do add salt to taste after they are almost all the way cooked. (almost 2-3 tsp) I like to eat them just as they are with a little bit of the cooking water in them.
I have not been good at drinking my water lately. I need to work on that one.
A different fruit or veggie, hmmmmmm don't know what I will try. I did recently discover Leeks and love them sliced up in my soups and such. Not a fan of eggplant. Hated Brussel Sprouts as a kid. Maybe if I get out to Trader Joes today (after babysitting my little grandbaby) I will see what I can try. I have really enjoyed cooking up Red, Yellow, and/or Orange Bell peppers with onion and garlic and whatever else. (not a fan of green) Most days I add Belll pepper, onions, broccoli and spinach to my eggs and then throw some fresh salsa on top. So Good!!!! And I get in over a cup of cooked veggies.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!