View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 08:16 AM
Greeter Eva

Default Who manufactures what:

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
I am in the process of researching a new machine. I have always been a die hard Janome fan but after ANOTHER unpleasant interaction with my local Janome dealer, I am opening myself up to the idea of going with another brand. I only say this as the next closest Janome dealer is over 2 hours away and the area that we are eventually going to move to out of state it will also be over 2 hours. I know that I will be taking test drives of any machine that I am interested in; too much money at stake to go in blind!

I found this article and I was suprised by some of the information. I know that others may be ahead of me in the game of "who owns what" but I found the article informative. It is dated 2/2008 so there might be newer information. I found it amusing that this gal sent her husband on a fact finding mission and he jumped in with both feet.

http://www.evidently.org/2007/02/too-much-information/
I don't think you should let the dealer discourage you. The dealer I bought from imediately let me know that I was just a low life compared to her. I bought my Janome from her anyway & have been so happy with it. After my warrentee was up, I never went there again. I have my machine serviced elsewhere now & that lady is not selling Janome anymore.