View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 09:19 AM
Momyar

Question Interesting observation....

I got ready to sandwich a baby quilt I was working on Monday night, instead of putting the backing down wrong side up I put the top wrong side up.

It was all nice and neat. Instead of redoing it and putting the backing down I left it. Went about spray basting and putting the backing down.

Once I pulled the painter's tape and clips off the quilt, I turned it over and low and behold it was nice and neat. No puckers or anything like that. Not sure whether it was the new clips I was using or the fact that the top was on the bottom or not.

I know we're taught to put the backing down first but I'm seriously thinking about trying this again with the next quilt.

The pattern I was using was Cheaper by the 1/2 Dozen by Atkinson Designs. I've put the backing down before and only used painter's tape but not the table clips. So I'm not 100% sure what made it so smooth.

What's your thoughts? Can't find the table clips to show you. They're very similar to picnic table clips that hold the table cloth down.

Hugs!