Old 02-08-2012, 09:24 AM
MdmSew'n'Sew

Definitely Quilters Attic in Pine Bush, they have several rooms with different 'collections'; the Quilting Basket, Rte 376 in Wappingers, they have fantastic orientals; Pinwheels just off Rte 9D in Croton-on-Hudson, they specialize in the great Japanese cottons and hand-embroidery samplers. There used to be one in Woodstock, it was like walking into an explosion in Kaffe Fassett's workshop, but the guys picked up their tents and went north somewhere, I think someone said near Buffalo - they had the best stuff.

Since I live on the state line (I could walk to CT if I didn't mind going 2 miles all uphill), I have a few just over the line, Quilters Corner on Rte 7 in New Milford, she has fabulous batiks, the happiest brights and her dog QC who greets you at the door; The Quilt Shop just north of the North Street Shopping Center, exit 5 or 6 off 84 in Danbury, they have 30s repros, kids prints and grown-up flannels; and Fabric Tree on Sugar Hollow Road, Exit 3, again in Danbury, near the Mall, she has great batiks and prints, also really good wools for clothing, lots of great yarn and a home dec section to die for ... I have left way too much of my hard-earned cash in each of these places.