Thread: RAK Thank You!
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 10:30 AM
onaemtnest

Originally Posted by arizonagirl View Post
How wonderful it is to get a smile in the mail box. What size circles are you using for your yo-yo's?
Hi Robyn,
Well I'm using the Clover orange tool, which needs a minimum 4" diameter piece of fabric. I cut 4" squares and just trim the corners off. My project is to make enough Yo Yo's to complete a Queen sized spread 114x135, so I will need 5100 give or take. I'm using only pastel colored fabric, as I saw a picture of a Yo Yo cover and it was so pretty I always had in the back of my mind to make one.

Starting Jan 1st I challenged myself to make at least 1000 per month and did accomplish that making 1200. I'm a little behind so far this month, as company has and will be here for a few more days. I make this in the evening while watching TV .... I think I watch to much TV in the evening :0) But if I don't keep my hands busy I fall asleep :0)

What I found is that my stash doesn't have much in the way of pastels so Diana sending me some pastel fabric was most welcomed. Another quilter I was talking to suggested using the wrong side of the fabric for even another option?

I'm still not sure and will ask for help here on the board how I will sew them all together. I want to butt them next to one another and not overlap at all. I was thinking about sewing them on my machine or perhaps I will have to do it by hand.

Hopefully I will be true to my challenge and complete this before Fall. I store the completed Yo's in 1 gallon zip loc type bags ~ 200 per bag...and they look so very pretty in the bags I'm anxious to see them put together.