Old 02-08-2012, 02:37 PM
Maggiemay

Ideas about meals & snacks...the best thing I do for myself is to be prepared- make sure you have low cal/point things to eat so you don't grab just anything when you get hungry. I like to have pre cut veggies & lettuce on hand, hard boiled eggs to snack on & for added protein. I make a low cal veggie soup by sauteing lots of my favorite veggies & simmering them in some tomatoes (I like RoTel best) & chicken broth. One of my favorite low cal meals is stir fry over brown rice. I fry up a bunch of veggies (carrots, broccoli, snow peas, zucchini), add some chicken & sauce of some kind.

I love the Emeralds 100 calorie almond packs. I usually don't go for the 100 cal packs, but I love these for a quick snack that has some protein & fiber. They fit nice in my purse too! WW frozen Chocolate Raspberry ice cream bars for 80 cal-YUM!! I also like Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches for 140 cals. It's nice to have something that tastes so good for not too high of calories.

There are so many good sources of recipes on the internet- you won't have any trouble finding some! Here is one I use

http://www.skinnytaste.com/

I didn't find any new fun procuce to try at the grocery store yesterday, but I was at Super Walmart & didn't really expect to find anything too unusual there! I'll try to hit Trader Joes & see it they have anything new that's worth trying.

I have walked 7 miles so far this month!