Old 02-08-2012, 06:55 PM
BluegrassGurl

Smile Unfinished basement.... I made it mine!!!

My husband and I have been saying we are going to re-finish our basement from the day we bought our house.... 15 years ago!!! Seems like other more important things always took priority.... raising kids.... going on 3 mission trips ... one thing or another.

My sewing/craft area has always been in the basement <lots of room!!>. So one day.... the ole light bulb went off real bright and shiny.... I thought.... I don't have to wait for us to re-finish the basement to make my sewing area be a reflection of "me" and a happy place to be.... so.... I started painting..... walls, floor, stairs.... then I started organizing.... then decorating. I absolutely LOVE it!!!

I never dreamed I would ever post pics of it.... because it is not "finished".... (gasp!). But you know... I thought.... there may be someone else on the QB who is experiencing the same paralysis as I was. So these are for you....here are a few pics of my little world of refuge and joy. I encourage you to make your area your own sewing haven!!!

Here is an explanation of each pic:
1 --- Right side view
2 --- Left side view
3 --- Design wall with "Summer at Mom's" quilt. I made the design wall by framing out two 4x8 foam boards and
wrapped in felt. Over time, the felt has pelled, so I am going to get some flannel to wrap over it.
---- The quilt is for my Mom. whew... 1 1/2 borders to go. Been a looooong project.
4 --- Quilting table that my husband made for me!! No patterns..... only pics and my ideas. Didn't he do a
tremendous job!!!
5 --- My stash. Alas, I still have that much more fabric to wrap. I had to have a break! ;-)
6 --- My dad made me the round table years ago. Bought the quilt at an estate auction. More tubs of fabric to wrap
beside it.
7 --- View from the back corner. I have had the desk forever (used through college). It is a solid oak door (from a
hospital where my brother used to work). Was originally oak color... I recently stained dark brown. Door sits
on 2 filing cabinets (originally putty in color). They hold all my sewing notions. More tubs of fabric to wrap
beside armoire.
8 --- My armoire is chuck full!!! Templates, rulers, patterns, ufo's, paints, other craft supplies.
9 --- Last but not least..... you can even bling duct work!!! ;-)
Attached Thumbnails right-side-view.jpg   left-side-view.jpg   design-wall.jpg   quilting-table.jpg   fabric.jpg  

nook.jpg   back-corner-view.jpg   armoire.jpg   duct-work.jpg