View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 07:25 PM
ncredbird

Default Mystery Quilt experience

A group of us meets on Thursdays at our LQS to work on Quilts of Valor. One of the members challenged each of us to make a mystery quilt pattern that she provided. We did the cutting as a group before Thanksgiving and then DH and I left for 5 weeks to visit the family in AZ for the holidays. I had asked that they send me the directions via email while I was gone so I could be up to speed when we got home. Apparently they found some errors in the directions and felt that it would be better to wait until I got home to explain them. Last Thursday when I attended I started sewing half square triangles and did that for 5 hours.
I have spent the last two days squaring up 160 - 3 1/2" squares. I think I can now officially declare that squaring up is my least favorite part of quilting. The other ladies jokingly commented that they weren't going to let her pick patterns any more. Hope this is the worst part of this experience. I guess tomorrow will tell.
One of the the ladies is working on a quilt that has 600 HST so the group is going to help sew and square those for her. After the last few days of doing that I am glad to be moving on to step two of my mystery quilt. Will have to post when I get to the bottom of the mystery. Ann in TN