View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 03:55 AM
Lorettan

ok, i will try and answer all the questions...if i leave anything out, please let me know!

this was made with all cottons and muslin for the back. i use cotton batting squares in the middle. i always cut my batting about 2 inches smaller than my squares (or rectangles). I have only used 6 inch squares because that's the width of my ruler and it just makes it easier. this is the first quilt where i use rectangles along the edge, and i really like it! it frames the quilt i think. My seams are always 1/2 inch. i use rag scissors from Fons and Porter to clip all the seams and i wash it about two times to start the "ragging". i sew all the sqares in a row, then sew the rows together taking care to match up your seams first. after the whole thing is sewn together, i do a final 1/2 inch around the entire edge. you make your rectangles the same way you do your squares. in this case, i think they measured 4 x 6. i did use a batting strip in between the rectangle layers, however i think i will leave that out the next time.