Old 02-09-2012, 08:53 AM
grann of 6

Default Another quickie quilt-top, and a fun challenge....

So last weekend while I was trying to decide how to quilt the bargello quilt, I decided to make a jelly roll 1600, with a twist. I cut each strip in two so I had 84 strips instead of 42. Each strip was approx.21" long. Here is the result, and I think it is very cute, mixes the colors up a little more than the usual jelly roll 1600. Now here is my fun challenge....I would like you guys and gals to come up with something different to do with a jelly roll. Many of you were surprised that the "Fresh Fruit Parfait" quilt was a jelly roll. So I want you to find a fun pattern somewhere and mix it up a little. Now this can be your own idea or a take on some pattern you have seen somewhere. The idea is to have some fun. Many of us are in that "Winter Funk" and need an awakening. Here is your chance. Okay, now here is what I did:[ATTACH=CONFIG]310273[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails p1010025-1-.jpg  

Last edited by grann of 6; 02-09-2012 at 08:56 AM. Reason: And BTW, I put the strips in a basket and made myself use whatever I pulled out, as long as it wasn't a repeat.